Get to know the staff at United Way NWA! Today’s “Get to Know Us” blog is about Andy Jackson, our Program Manager at our Gifts in Kind Warehouse.
1. What is the best thing about working at United Way?
It allows me to work with people who are passionate about what they do and gets me involved in the community.
2. Why do you like working for a non-profit?
Getting to get up every day knowing that I get to help people and make a difference.
3. What does your job entail and how long have you been doing it?
My job entails of working closely with agencies in the area and getting products to them so they can serve people in their community.
4. If you were not working at United Way, what would your dream job be?
5. What is one thing you think people don’t know about United Way?
The actual number of people that we serve in the area.
6. What do you do in your spare time?
Stay active, play basketball and golf. Attend all Razorback football and basketball games. Get together with friends often.
7. What is your favorite book?
The Things that keep us here by Carla Buckley
8. What is your favorite movie?
9. What type of music do you like?
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
South America, I would love to go to Peru and see Machu Picchu. Also, Brazil and Chile…I am really fascinated by the cultures.
11. What’s the strangest talent you have?
I can make a really loud pop noise with my tongue.