Get to know the staff at United Way NWA! This “Get to Know Us” blog is about Kim Johnson, our Manager of Community Impact.
1. What is the best thing about working at United Way?
It is so incredible to work with people that have such a heart for helping the people of Northwest Arkansas.
2. Why do you like working for a non-profit?
I love making a difference in my community. I grew up in Northwest Arkansas, so it is such a blessing to give back in any way possible.
3. What does your job entail and how long have you been doing it?
I’ve been working for United Way for about a month and every day has been different. As the manager of Community Impact, I work with our non-profit agencies and manage several grant funded programs. The role of Community Impact is to ensure that United Way resources are used to create the most impact in the NWA community.
4. If you were not working at United Way, what would your dream job be?
Party/Event planner…I just like to be creative and have fun, so why not get paid to do that?!
5. What is one thing you think people don’t know about United Way?
Parents in Benton, Washington, Madison, and McDonald counties can enroll their children under five years of age in United Way NWA’s Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. Through this program, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library mails one book a month, from birth to five years old, for free, to every enrolled child’s home. All you have to do is commit to reading to/with your child.
6. What do you do in your spare time?
I love to be at home, so I spend most of my spare time there. I really like to watch movies, play board games, do logic puzzles, and just spend quality time with my family.
7. What is your favorite book?
Princess Bedtime Stories…I love reading it to my little niece!
8. What is your favorite movie?
All of the Harry Potter movies
9. What type of music do you like?
I LOVE music! My favorite type of music is anything that I can feel an emotional connection with and sing along to. I listen to pretty much any genre…except maybe polka!
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Right now my dream is to travel to Greece. I think it is absolutely beautiful and full of great history.
11. What’s the strangest talent you have?
I can touch my tongue to my nose.