Join the United Way of Northwest Arkansas Diaper Drive!
Download the free app to donate today! www.beneighborly.org
Diapers are an essential component to the health and development of a baby. In Northwest Arkansas, we have 12,284 children under the age of 3 living at or below the poverty line.
Childcare is an expense; on average it costs a single- parent 30% of their income.
Unfortunately, diapers are expensive as well. Infants go through 6-10 diapers a day, and families spend on average $70-$80 per month on diapers; an expense they can’t always afford.
Without diapers, babies cannot participate in most day care and early childhood education programs. Without child care, parents cannot go to work.
Imagine if we can take that expense away from them. Imagine the hope it can bring families. United Way is more than the hand raisers. We’re the game changers. Through our Diaper Bank Drive, we are going to fulfill a families need, give them a chance to provide more for their children. A chance to care for their families. United we will make a difference!
- 12,284 children under the age of three living in poverty, or right above the poverty line in NWA.
- 8 diapers a day= 98,272 diapers a day for these children.
- 7 days in a week= 687,904 diapers a week for these children.
- 52 weeks in a year= 35,771,008 diapers for a year for these children.
- 1 in 3 US moms report suffering from diaper need
- On average, a diaper costs $.26. That means these families are spending $9.3M in diapers every year.