Whether a currently funded United Way program, seeking funding for the first time or receiving donor designated funds, this is the place for you. We depend on strong partnerships with many agencies across Northwest Arkansas to make our community a better place for us all.
Our bold goal:
to provide every child in Northwest Arkansas a pathway out of poverty!
How can we help?
As a local nonprofit, you are a critical partner in our work to create lasting community change. The tools you’ll find here will help make it easier.
Check back often for new items and to check for upcoming trainings, forums and other events.
Community Meetings and Workshops:
- Join the Solution Update (web link)
- Managing to Outcomes in an Era of Scarcity (pdf)
- Outcomes to Logic Models (pdf)
- Nonprofit Capacity Building Survey Results and CLIP Update (pdf)
- Strategic Alliances – Partnership Analysis Worksheet (pdf)
- Strategic Alliances – Partnerships & Collaborations (pdf)
- Strategic Alliances – Resources (pdf)
- Managing Up – How To Get Your Board To Do What You Need Them to Do (pdf)
UWNWA Strategic Plan:
Co-marketing and branding materials:
Grants & Requests for Proposals
Please see “Funding Opportunities” tab on the left.
Poverty Education Tools
Free Tax Service Materials
- IRS Social Media Toolkit (pdf)
Live United Day/ Day of Action
United Way can help your organization find the help you need! Check out the resources below for recruiting leadership, program or project volunteers.
Children Living in Poverty (CLIP) Funding Opportunities
The United Way of Northwest Arkansas is pleased to announce its FY 2017-2019 Children Living in Poverty (CLIP) funding opportunities.
CLIP funding opportunities are available to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and collaborations [partners working together on a specific issue to address children living in poverty with at least one partner a 501(c)3 organization]. Submitted Letter of Inquiry’s (LOI) must align with the Children Living in Poverty focus and impact our bold goal to “provide every child in Northwest Arkansas a pathway out of poverty.” There are seven CLIP funding opportunities that fall within two broad areas:
- Child Wellbeing
- Youth Homelessness
- Parents as First Teachers
- Out of School Time Programs
- Youth Connectedness
- Developing Self-Sufficiency
To be considered for CLIP funding, an organization must first submit a LOI no later than 5:00 pm February 10, 2017. The LOIs will be reviewed and scored by a panel of community volunteers who will determine which organizations will be approved to submit a more detailed application for funding consideration. This is a competitive process and submission of an LOI or full application does not guarantee funding.
Letter of Inquiry:
- 2017-2019 CLIP LOI Outline/Template Worksheet (word doc.)
- This worksheet outlines the sections of information required in the LOI available through the agency portal listed below. You can use this document to better prepare your LOI.
- Submit your 2017-2019 CLIP LOI (agency portal webpage)
- Once logged in, select “Children Living In Poverty Admin” under Functions, click on “Packages” under Main Menu, then click “2017-2019 Letter of Inquiry.”
- Remember: Each component within the LOI must be submitted in this agency portal to be considered.
- If you do not have a agency portal login, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about ANDAR, our agency portal? See user manual here.
Training Sessions Presentation:
Organizations are encouraged to attend one of the following training sessions to help you better prepare your proposal for CLIP funding. The sessions are organized by funding areas to allow for more focused discussion.
For those who missed the training sessions, this presentation will provide a comprehensive overview of the LOI process.