2-1-1 is the direct link between people who need and people who can help.
Everyday people across Arkansas are turning to 2-1-1 for information and support. 2-1-1 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people of all ages and across Arkansas communities to the essential health and human services they need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2-1-1 can be accessed by phone or computer. The 2-1-1 website (ww.arkansas211.org) provides a searchable online directory available to anyone with access to the internet. A toll-free call to 2-1-1 connects you to a community resource specialist who can put you in touch with local organizations that provide critical services that can improve and save lives. At this time, the 2-1-1 helpline only serves Benton, Carroll, Madison, ad Washington counties. Efforts are currently underway to expand the 2-1-1 helpline to other communities in Arkansas.
With 2-1-1, you will find information about:
- Supplemental food and nutrition programs
- Shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- Emergency information and disaster relief
- Employment and education opportunities
- Services for veterans
- Health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- Addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- Reentry help for ex-offenders
- Support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- Safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
2-1-1 helped 10,952 individuals connect to local resources.
2-1-1 received 22,698 requests for information and services.
2-1-1 has over 3,000 programs listed and the number continues to grow.