.Application for Funding.
Community Investment Grant Opportunity
United Way of Northwest Arkansas is committed to creating pathways to prosperity that increase opportunities for children and families to live and grow in a thriving, nurturing environment. Thanks to the generosity of the Northwest Arkansas community, United Way is proud to announce the next grant opportunity for 2022.
As a mobilizer of community resources, United Way works in collaboration with partners throughout the region to raise funds that support these programs to increase the capacity of children and families to achieve their fullest human potential in three core areas:
Early Learning: The first years of life are critical for healthy brain development and for children to get the boost they need to be ready to learn and thrive. Early Learning programs will ensure that children, parents, caregivers, and families are working together to strengthen school readiness skills.
Quality Out-of-School Time: High-quality out-of-school time programs increases academic success, expands exploration of career paths, and results in positive outcomes for children. This funding area focuses on increasing access to high-quality out-of-school time programs that will build the capacity for greater success.
Developing Self-Sufficiency: Developing Self-Sufficiency programs will ensure the future economic stability of children and families by strengthening workforce readiness skills and increasing the capacity of youth to acquire a sustainable living wage.
To be eligible for a United Way grant, a program must:
- Be implemented by a 501(c)3 organization or education institution
- Align within one of the funding focus areas
- Provide services primarily in or is based in Benton, Madison, or Washington Counties
- Meet the criteria for responsible financial stewardship including:
- Annual audit, consistent with General Accounting Principles, conducted by a certified public accountant (CPA). Any organization funded by United Way whose annual budget exceeds $50,000 or who is requesting a grant of $10,000 to $49,999 may, in lieu of an audit, submit a Formal Review conducted by a CPA. The CPA must be independent of the client.
Grant APPLICATION PROCESS .
The deadline to submit a grant application is October 18, 2021 at 12 noon CST. Applications may be submitted for 1 OR 2 year funding cycles. Applications will be limited to one submission per organization.
To view and submit the grant application online, please create an account through the United Way Grant Portal. The applications will be reviewed by a panel of community volunteers to determine which programs will be approved for funding. Please note that submission of an application does not guarantee funding. For more information, please consult the United Way Grant Guidelines.
The following templates can be used to prepare for the application:
- Grant Application Worksheet
- Program Budget Template
- Program Demographics Template
- NPO Information Session Presentation