Get to know the staff at United Way NWA! Today’s “Get to Know Us” blog is about Ashley Wardlow, our Manager of Donor Relations.
1. What is the best thing about working at United Way?
The sincerity and dedication that our staff and volunteers bring to the work we do.
2. Why do you like working for a non-profit?
I enjoy applying what works in the for-profit sector in order to make the work of our non-profit more effective.
3. What does your job entail and how long have you been doing it?
My work keeps the lights on and helps keep our agencies running! I love raising funds for United Way as Manager of Donor Relations and have been in the role for about a year.
4. If you were not working at United Way, what would your dream job be?
I’m interested in being surrounded by excellence, so I’d be happy just about anywhere that people are setting goals, focusing on achievement, and always challenging themselves to be better.
5. What is one thing you think people don’t know about United Way?
We have an amazing Gift-in-Kind warehouse on East Central in Bentonville that moves more than $8M in return product – basic needs items, household goods, paper products, etc. – out into our community each year!
6. What do you do in your spare time?
I am an avid reader and an awful – but enthusiastic – golfer.
7. What is your favorite book?
“The House of Mirth,” by Edith Wharton
8. What is your favorite movie?
9. What type of music do you like?
Christmas music, even in Summer.
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Home, at the end of a productive day!
11. What’s the strangest talent you have?
I can take multiple naps in one Sunday.