Get to know the staff at United Way NWA! This “Get to Know Us” blog is about Belinda Davis, our Finance Assistant.
1. What is the best thing about working at United Way?
Being connected to the community and knowing that I’m helping to make a positive local impact.
2. Why do you like working for a non-profit?
The culture and the people are fantastic and there’s so much kindness and compassion everywhere. It’s very inspiring!
3. What does your job entail and how long have you been doing it?
I have been the assistant of Finance for a month, helping to process donations and manage the Dolly Parton Imagination Library in our area. Previously I worked for the 2-1-1 program for over a year.
4. If you were not working at United Way, what would your dream job be?
I would love to be a librarian at a public or university library.
5. What is one thing you think people don’t know about United Way?
We are a very community driven organization and we do our best to impact the lives of our friends and neighbors; everything we do goes back to our local community.
6. What do you do in your spare time?
I am a bookworm and am also hopelessly addicted to a variety of different PC games.
7. What is your favorite book?
“Graceling” by Kristen Cashore or any book by Tamora Pierce.
8. What is your favorite movie?
9. What type of music do you like?
Alternative and classic rock.
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I recently learned that it’s possible to take train trips across the US and Canada and I think that would be an amazing way to see the country in a way not many people get the chance to in this current day and age.
11. What’s the strangest talent you have?
I am so accident prone I once gave myself a concussion while replacing a garbage bag.