Due to the high volume of resumes received, only those applicants selected for an interview may be contacted.
All member position are contingent on the results of an FBI Background Check, Arkansas Criminal History Check, National Sex Offender Registry Check, and other checks as possible. UWNWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AmeriCorps VITA Community Specialist (675 hours)
Click anywhere on the yellow bar for a full description of this position.
Join United Way and an elite team of AmeriCorps members in connecting people to free tax services. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) provide free tax services to those that qualify. Last year, United Way’s partners prepared over 7,700 federal and state tax returns that resulted in $5.7 million in tax refunds and saved tax filers $715,000 in tax preparation fees.
Your mission for this service year, should you choose to accept it, has four objectives:
- Identify and recruit volunteers for the VITA/TCE programs
- Implement free tax services public awareness campaign
- Complete training and become IRS-certified to support VITA/TCE tax sites
- Provide tax preparation support at designated VITA/TCE sites in Northwest Arkansas
Term of Service: January 2020—May 2020
Location: Members will be based in Lowell, AR., but may serve at sites in Benton, Carroll, Madison, and Washington counties.
AmeriCorps 211 Community Specialist (900 hours)
Click anywhere on the orange bar for a full description of this position.
Join United Way and an elite team of AmeriCorps members helping people in need connect to local resources through the statewide expansion of Arkansas 211. As a high profile project, Arkansas 211 is a free, confidential referral and information program that links individuals to essential health and human services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Last year, 211 systems across the country made over 12.8 million connections for assistance.
Your mission for this service year, should you choose to accept it, has three objectives:
- Identify Arkansas social service resources and populate the 211 resource database with this information
- Train local nonprofit and service providers to use the 211 system
- Implement a 211 public awareness campaign
Term of Service: December 2019 – May 2020
Location: Members will be based in Fort Smith, AR.