.EFSP Phase 38.
The Emergency Food and Shelter Program was established on March 24, 1983, through the “Jobs Stimulus Bill,” Public Law 98-8 and authorized under the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act. The legislation created a National Board, chaired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) that consisted of representatives of the American Red Cross, Catholic Charities USA, The Jewish Federations of North America, National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA, The Salvation Army and United Way Worldwide.
Under the guidance of the of EFSP National Board and direct supervision of the Local Board, United Way of Northwest Arkansas serves as administrator for Northwest Arkansas counties. These funds are awarded in Benton, Carroll, and Washington counties for Phase 38 (FY2020 funding). These counties will receive the following amounts to support emergency food and shelter programs:
Phase 38 Funding:
- Benton County – $75,005
- Carroll County – $8,745
- Washington County – $68,543
GRANT ELIGIBILITY & RESTRICTIONS:
Local agencies receiving funding must be able to adhere to the following requirements:
- Be private voluntary non-profits or units of government
- Not be barred or suspended from receiving Federal funding
- Have a checking account (cash payments are not allowed)
- Have an accounting system or fiscal agent approved by local board
- Have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number
- Conduct and provide a copy of an independent annual audit if receiving $50,000 or more in EFSP funds or conduct an accountant’s review if receiving $25,000 to $49,999 in EFSP funds
- Be providing services and using its other resources in the area in which they are seeking funds
- Practice non-discrimination
- Have a voluntary board if private, not-for-profit
- To the extent practicable, involve homeless individuals and families
- Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- Have ability to fulfill all reporting requirements as requested
GRANT APPLICATION & SUBMISSION:
To apply, please complete the following application: EFSP Application. If organizations are interested in applying for funding from multiple counties, separate applications must be submitted for each county.
Aplications can be submitted via email to Ana Phakhin atp firstname.lastname@example.org OR mailed to:
United Way of Northwest Arkansas
EFSP Phase 38
100 Parkwood Street
Lowell, AR 72745
Applications must be received by Monday, January 25 at 12 noon CST. For questions, please contact Ana Phakhin at (479) 303-4422 or email@example.com.